Ultimate WordPress SEO Guide for Beginners (Step by Step)
Is WordPress SEO a technical aspect? Is SEO possible for your website?
When you are planning for WordPress SEO, there are several questions which come to your mind. There are answers for every one of them.
When you create website with WordPress, SEO is easy and in this article you can know about several SEO tips for beginners.
Table of Contents
WordPress makes to be best content management system used widely for development of wonderful web application. There exist many famous applications which have been developed using WordPress. When you wish to get your website developed using wordpress, you can hire WordPress Developer.
Once you are done creating your wordpress application, the next thing that comes into your mind is WordPress SEO. Many of us have already heard that wordpress is the most suitable site for SEO, but is it really true?
Yes, WordPress makes to be a suitable platform for website development that brings in several useful features and SEO plugins for enabling effective SEO techniques over a website. This is quite simple than we think. It is important to understand all about SEO.
For more detailed On Page & Off Page SEO Technique Click on the link, On-page & Off-page SEO Techniques
What is SEO?
SEO that stands for Search Engine Optimization is a strategy that is used to obtain better ranking over search engines. It is quite sure that when your website ranks on top ranking results of search engines, one can ensure better traffic to website.
SEO is not about tricking Google to obtain ranks but it is actually applying right strategies to optimize site. This makes it SEO friendly and suitable for online world. SEO Services includes various effective techniques.
Why SEO is important?
When designing an appropriate website, owners often ignore the Most Important Factor Of Seo but, SEO is actually very important for online existence. SEO friendly website is more likely to gain ranking. With better ranking, better traffic can be ensured.
After all, the main purpose of any website is reaching users online and this can only be ensured by applying effective techniques of SEO. This is obvious reason why SEO is important for any website.
Everything you need to know about Basics of WordPress SEO
Many think, SEO is quite technical and thus complex to include in websites, well this is not that complicated. SEO brings some of the really easy techniques which can simply optimize your website. This helps you gain ranks to be noticed among your potential users online.
By following basic SEO tips one can gain better rankings. At the time of WordPress Development, one must use wordpress platform because this enables easy SEO. WordPress SEO is not a task of a technical genius but a simple tool to gain traffic.
The Basic Of WordPress SEO Tips
When you are done creating your website, the next thing is to look for suitable WordPress SEO guides which can help gain better ranking on search engines.
There are several Top WordPress SEO Tips which can be helpful, some of these are:
1. Check Site Visibility Settings – In case you are still editing your website, you can use a specific built-in option of wordpress to hide your website from search engines. This gives you enough time to bring in necessary changes.
There are times when SEO crawler ends up crawling your website right when you are editing it and this may act negative for your site. In such cases, this built-in can help you when you are into Website Maintenance.
2.SEO Friendly URL Structures – URL is actually a short definition of your website. The url of any website must be easy to understand both by users and search engines. Here is how you can check and update your WordPress site’s permalink structure. You need to visit the Settings » Permalinks page. Select the Post Name Option and then click on the ‘Save Changes’ button to store your settings.
WordPress helps you create SEO Friendly URLs for website so that its structure can be improved in a way to get better positions in search engines. An optimized URL is well understood by search engines and it will be ranked well.
3.WWW vs non-WWW – While you are designing a website you can either choose www or non-www websites. These are two different websites for search engines crawlers. One must know that which one to select. If you must change http to https, then hire a professional WordPress Developer, so they can setup proper redirects. You’ll still lose your social share counts on the pages.
For more detailed information on this topic, take a look at our guide on www vs non-www – which is better for WordPress SEO.
4. Adding XML Sitemap – XML is actually small map of your website. XML sitemap includes list of every webpage included in a website. When SEO crawler get to your website, it can get detail of your web pages right at one place and this is XML sitemap.
WordPress help add xml sitemap because it has specific plugin for this. Once crawler gets XML sitemap on your website, it can crawl your site meaningfully to provide it proper ranking. So, whether it is Small Business Website or big, this is important.
We have a step by step guide on how to add XML Sitemap your WordPress site to Google Search Console
5. Work on internal linking – Surely backlinks counts in SEO but with this internal linking are also an important factor to gain better rankings in search engines.
While you use WordPress for development, it provides an easy way to add internal links to your website and blogs. Better the internal linking better will be your SEO score. This is the obvious reason why one should make a habit of adding internal linking to websites.
6. Adding Blogs Is Easy – WordPress websites are so easy to manage that even the website owner can easily edit or add content to blogs. WordPress SEO articles can make a website active often and thus help gain better rankings. Blog can help keep your website active each day. 7. Helps in keyword research For your Website – When a user wish to rank on search engines for a given word which is searched by users, keyword research is necessary process. WordPress brings in several keyword research tools which make this easy.
This is important while you are designing a website. Right when you are dealing with WordPress Development, you must conduct a keyword research so that you can add only best and targeted keywords on your site. This will help you rank for those keywords which are actually searched by users.
8. Security plugin for website –If your site is slow, your rankings will surely be affected. No one wishes to compromise with this and thus Speed and Security for WordPress SEO is essential. Security is quite essential in online world to establish trust with your users.
While creating website make sure to include SSL or Https. Secure socket layer ensures additional security on website. One can also get SSL Certificate for ensuring proper security of website.
9.Check your site speed – WordPress brings in several WordPress SEO Tools that looks for website speed. When you wish to reach to your users and search engines, you must look for Speed Optimization.
Read More 15 Amazing WordPress Automation Tools 2020 That Could Assist Your Business Grow
WordPress let you add amazing designs and themes without actually affecting the site speed. It is important to check Website Speed. Users simply close those websites which take so long to open. Even search engines do not rank those websites which does not load on time.
10. Optimizing Images For SEO– Yes, it is true that search engine crawlers don’t understand images on website but there is a way to make them understand this. One can follow WordPress SEO Best Practices to add alt image tags in the website which will add a name to images on your website.
you need to make sure that you use images that are optimized to load faster.
WordPress helps add these names easily. WordPress can also help keep an eye on size and quality of image so that best images can be added on your website without actually increasing the site loading speed.
For more Tips, See our complete beginner’s guide to image SEO.
11. More SEO Tools and Resources- Once you get the hang of WordPress SEO best practices, you’ll want to take your skills even further to get ahead of your competition. We have compiled a list of Best WordPress SEO plugins and Tools that you should use to boost your SEO.
The Best WordPress SEO plugin
While you wish to apply effective techniques of SEO to your website, you can develop your website using WordPress platform. This is because it brings in some of the already existing built-in plugins which can make SEO quite easy. There are two important plugins which can be used by users for best wordpress SEO and this are Yoast SEO and All in One SEO.
These are some of the wordpress SEO guide which can help beginners’ gain better ranking on search engines. We hope this article helped you learn how to properly optimize your WordPress site for SEO.
Go ahead and implement a few of these WordPress SEO tips, and you should see an increase in your traffic within a few months as the search engines process your changes. WordPress Development Services brings in a set of useful plugins which makes it easy for even beginners to get their website rank in search engines.
Now that you know and understand the advantages of using wordpress for website development, Hire WordPress Developer to help you with this.