Working remotely sucks! Well, this an oft repeated sentiment that developers who are not comfortable with handling outsourced tasks make. But is this the complete truth especially in the 21st century when the entire world has shrunk to a global village and people are comfortable with the notion of holding conversation with half a world between them? While Yahoo may differ about hiring Remote Developers specifically, other major companies beg to differ. The developers, on the other end of the spectrum, actually love the idea of having a boss who lives on the other side of earth. Sure, it’s a nerdy thing to do but what the heck, it offers advantages unforeseen just a few years ago.
Hmm, sounds too good to be true? Check out the immense benefits that will give you the mental satisfaction of working remotely and proving to be an indispensable employee at the same time. Here goes…
- You do not have to Relocate– Come on admit it! The thought of being asked to take on a project in another city, another country, and even another continent leaves you cold. You do not want to disturb your lifestyle not when you have to take care of a growing family. To wrest them away from home and trying to get them settled in a faraway place with an alien culture will also interrupt with your work as a techie. You simply cannot be as productive as you were before. So follow your heart and grab the opportunity of being an outsourced developer with both hands. Surely you would value the peace of mind it entails?
- You become extremely Productive – Whew! You can certainly focus on your goals at work when you do not have to worry about your family or think about being punctual every day. Add the no commute clause to it and you will soon find yourself a happy man who is determined to work longer hours without a grumble simply because as a developer you do not want to rest until you have find the right solution. There are no anxious moments of trying to think about the long commute back each day and phone does not ring even once with your partner trying to find out your whereabouts.
- You are Appreciated-Wow! Working at your own pace in pajamas or starting work a trifle late isn’t a problem anymore. Your work as a developer is sure to be better appreciated by your boss as he actually gets to notice the results instead of dropping in unexpectedly and finding you checking out the FB posts.
- Communication Is Exciting– Having a team meeting online via Skype or Whats-app is definitely exciting. However, you do not suffer by working remotely unless you are prone to skipping chat sessions with your team members. Remember that the official form of communication is still the email and you will be able to keep in touch with your remote boss much in the same way you did in a conventional office.
- You End Up Being Healthy – Having to rush to office at the specified hour each day often leaves you stressed out. You also have to skip breakfast or lunch regularly in order to reach and complete your work on time. Working remotely negates the need for an unhealthy life style and you end up taking good care of yourself and hence are in the pink of health.
Do give remote working a shot, if you still haven’t tried it. It might actually put you in the driving seat too. Good Luck! Click here to Hire Remote Web Developer!