Taking up an eCommerce business, you should be mindful that there’s no ideal platform to satisfy your every individual need. However, choosing the most commodious shopping cart is a step to successful job growth. Now the question arises how to espouse between the OpenCart and Magento? The answer to this problem is to select the platform from the enormous reach of options, narrow it down to several alternatives and create a pros/cons list. It’ll make your task easy.
So, let’s talk about the similarities of both the E-commerce platforms:
- OpenCart and Magento are free shopping cart systems with a huge set of extensions available that provides a very robust solution for online business owners to handle E-commerce website.
- They support multiple languages and currencies that attract clients from different regions of the globe.
- They provide convenient and effective atmosphere for merchants by setting the several online stores and managing them from one back end.
- If any sort of misconception arises in using these shopping carts than this problem can be overcome by the large communities which is already present in them.
Now we turn towards the advantages of OpenCart
- Unlike Magento, OpenCart is lightweight that’s why easy to download and install.
- OpenCart is more convenient as compared to Magento as it doesn’t require special technical skills.
- OpenCart provide free support and software updates.
- It also provides range of documentation that is available online.
- After software installation OpenCart is optimal for startups as it open the store shortly.
Now we turn towards the advantages of Magento
- Magento offers wide range of extension which allows web store owners to create interfaces according to their requirements.
- Magento provides SEO friendly URLs which attract more potential customers and traffic increase.
- Magento offers comparison, wish lists and customer accounts. These navigations make the search easy.
- It also provides features like order history, item tagged and recent viewed products.
Hope this article will help you to decide what to choose between OpenCart and Magento E-commerce CMS.