A lot of people these days use WordPress for their websites. Unfortunately, their knowledge regarding the capabilities of this open source tool is limited. Most think of it as one of those inexpensive blogging tools that makes the process of starting a blog site a lot easier. But the fact is that it has come a long way since its introduction as an open source blogging platform. Today, not only does it support blogging but can be used for a range of website applications as well. So, if you have been a fan of WordPress only for a couple of reasons, then take a look at the top 8 reasons to realize what this tool is capable of:
- Easy to Use: It is perhaps one of the easiest blogging tools to use, thanks to its intuitive interface. It is free, downloadable and can be installed without much of a problem whatsoever. Maintenance is as easy as it can probably get and the tasks can be performed in a smooth and hassle free manner.
- Can be Managed from any computer: Being a browser based platform, it allows you the flexibility to manage your website from any computer. This also helps in having multiple users for your website.
- Excellent Content Management System: WordPress has a great CMS which lets users not only create but edit and modify pages without any expert help. Whether you want to add videos, pictures or products to your site, you can do it on your own.
- SEO Friendly: With a very clean and simply code, it is the favorite blogging platform for all the major search engines. WordPress’ simple coding helps search engines index its contents easily. Moreover, you can have descriptions, tags and titles for each page while simultaneously optimizing it for targeted keywords. This makes search engine optimization a lot easier.
- Gives you total control: You will not be required to rely on the expertise of an expert web designer for making simple changes and updates to your website. WordPress provides you with total control of all the elements of your website.
- Extended Plugins: One of the best features of this blogging platform is its huge range of extended plugins that let you do everything on your website that you can possibly imagine. Whether you want to know the number of visitors or subscribers to your site, change the color of the header or want to add social networking sites to your website, these plugins let you do it at affordable rates.
- Built-in Blog: Launched originally as a blogging platform, it is stuffed with a range of blogging features which can be easily integrated. Whether it is the setting up of commenting capabilities, subscriptions or addition of blogs posts to different pages of your website, you can do it with ease.
- Your website grows with your business: The more you expand your business, the more the number of pages you are going to need for your website. WordPress, being a very scalable platform, lets you make additions to your website without compromising its speed and efficiency.