CSS3 and HTML5 have authority to build mobile web apps using a single codebase. jQuery Mobile comes brings a huge variety of themes and plugins which brings enhanced experience for users on varies mobile platforms such as iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows phones and other devices.
Characteristics of JQM
- HTML5 is used for fast development and minimum use of scripting language.
- Adherent to major mobile platforms and browsers like IOS, Blackberry, Android, Windows etc.
- Minimum learning curve and syntax for users.
- Light weighted which ultimately optimizes speed.
- Core content and functionalities to all mobile devices like tabs and smartphones are brought to all mobile by progressive enhancement approach.
- On newer mobile platform experienced rich, installed application like feature.
- Initialization is done automatically with the help of HTML5. The data role attributes in HTML5 pitch all jQuery Mobile widgets found on the page.
- To ensure that the pages work for screen readers and other supportive tools few accessibility tools such as WAI-ARIA are also included.
- The process of supporting touch, black eye and cursor focus-based user input method using a simple API.
- It allows customization of colors and some CSS aspects of user interface features that brings highly identify experiences.
- New plugins which enhances control with touch-optimized, theme able control.
- Creation of themes can be done by using 26 unique color swatches, which consists of a header bar, body and button states.
- Coruscating visual experience and application of swatches is simple and easy.
- For cross platform mobile experiences touch- optimised user interface widget is used.