Improve your WordPress SEO with Yoast Plugin
Want to improve the SEO of your WordPress blog? Then simply download a very useful plugin called WordPress SEO by Yoast. Here are a few reasons why you should download it:
- Premium Support: You will have to buy the Premium WordPress SEO plugin to get a one on one email support. You can also check out the Local SEO and Video extensions for extra support.
- Improve the quality of your content: The snippet preview allows you to see how exactly would your post look like in search results and whether your content such as title and meta descriptions are appropriate for search results or not. Thus, it allows you to improve the rankings as well as the click through rate of your site.
- Page Analysis: It has a functionality called Linkdex Page Analysis which does simple yet useful things for you. For example, it will check whether the images on your posts have an alt tag or not, if they are long enough and whether you have provided meta description with focus keywords or not. Moreover, it also assists in writing meta titles as well as descriptions for different categories, tags and custome taxonomy archives.
- Technical WordPress SEO: This plugin guides you through some of the important settings and automatically optimizes and inserts the meta tags, making your site more search engine friendly.
- Meta and Link Elements: WordPress SEO plugin you can control the Google’s search engine results as well. It will automatically guide search engines to show only your first page in the search results. In addition, it also makes canonical link elements everywhere rather than just on single pages.
- XML Sitemaps: The plugin boasts of the most advanced XML Sitemaps functionality. The moment you check the box, WordPress SEO will automatically create XML sitemaps and simultaneously inform search engines of these sitemaps existence. As these sitemap also include images on our content, it makes them easily searchable too. The sitemaps work with sites of all sizes and custom post types as well. You can remove them whenever you feel the need to.
- RSS Optimization: One interesting feature of WordPress SEO plugin is that it automatically adds a link to your RSS feed which links back to the original content. In this way, search engines can be easily notified where exactly the original content exists, helping you get rid of scrappers in quick time.
- Breadcrumbs: If your theme is compatible, then simply use the built-in Breadcrumbs functionality to create a user as well as search engine friendly navigation.
- Edit your .htaccess and robots.txt file: WordPress SEO also has a built-in file editor which can be utilized for the purpose of editing such files. This, in turn, gives you direct access to what perhaps are the most powerful files from an SEO point of view.
- Social Integration: It has a Facebook OpenGraph implementation which allows smooth integration of social media with SEO.
- Compatibility with Multiple Sites: Its multiple site compatibility allows the XML sitemaps to work well with a variety of setups. In addition, you can also copy the settings of one blog to another with ease.
- Image and Export Functionality: If you are managing multiple blogs at the same time, then this is a pretty useful plugin to have as the settings can be exported and then imported to the rest of your sites.
- Built-in Import Functionality for other WordPress SEO plugins: If you have been using other plugins before installing WordPress SEO and want to import the titles and descriptions to it, then the built-in import functionality can be utilized for the purpose.
- WordPress SEO Plugin in the language of your choice: The plugin will soon be available in 24 languages.
- News SEO: If you are in search of Google News Sitemaps, then simply hit the News SEO module. Its integration with WordPress SEO allows you to utilize the power of News Sitemaps and SEO both at the same time.